Asian Chicken "A La Microwave"
- 4 tablespoons white wine, divided
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Chopped green onion and fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 packet Sweet ‘N Low® granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Few grains ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Yield: Makes 4 servings
In shallow 1-1/2-quart micro-proof dish, combine 1 tablespoon wine, soy sauce, garlic, honey, lemon peel, Sweet ‘N Low, ginger and paprika. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
To promote even cooking, tuck under any thin ends of chicken. Spoon marinade over chicken. Sprinkle with pepper and sesame seeds. Cover tightly with wax paper. Cook on medium-high power 6 to 8 minutes or just until cooked through, turning dish if chicken appears to be cooking unevenly. Remove chicken to serving dish and keep warm.
In glass measuring cup, stir together cornstarch and remaining 3 tablespoons white wine; stir into drippings in dish. Cook, uncovered, on high power 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with green onion and parsley.
Nutrients per Serving: