Pumpkin Cheesecake in Gingersnap Crust
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 30 packets Equal® sweetener
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For filling, beat cream cheese, Equal®, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and well combined.
Mix in pumpkin.
Mix in eggs and egg whites.
Mix in cornstarch and vanilla until blended.
- 1-1/4 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 3 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 4-1/2 packets Equal® sweetener
Combine gingersnap crumbs, Equal® and butter.
Press onto bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
Bake in preheated 325° F oven 8 minutes.
Pour cheesecake mixture over baked crust.
Bake in preheated oven 40 to 45 minutes or until center of cake is almost set.
Cool on wire rack 5 minutes.
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 packets Equal® sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons Equal® and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
Gently spread over top of cheesecake.
Return to oven and bake 3 to 4 minutes until sour cream mixture is set.
Remove cheesecake to wire rack.
Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake.
Let cheesecake cool completely.
Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
To serve, remove side of pan. Cut cake into wedges.
DIABETIC EXCHANGES: 1 milk exchange, 2-1/2 fat exchange
Nutrients per Serving:
- Protein:7 g
- Carbohydrates:13 g
- Fat-total:13 g